10 Ideas for corona safe Valentine's Day
Collaboration with Calligraphen
As you may already know, I love any excuse to celebrate and Valentine's Day is no exception. I wrote last year about my troubles in finding something fun to do on Valentine's Dayand this year it would obviously be much harder. As staying in is always the better option these days, I thought I'd make a list of fun things that can be done at home, either with a spouse or friends.
- Decorate your home. It's a great way to get in the spirit of the holiday. Get beautiful flowers and make decorations yourself either with your spouse or friends. If crafts isn't your thing, buy decorations, like we're doing. We're decorating our home with beautiful decorations from Calligraphen. We used their products at our wedding as well and I highly recommend them. Our theme color for Valentine's Day will be lavender.
- If you're in a relationship, turn your bedroom into a spa. Light candles, put on some music and give each other a massage. Massage oil can be bought in stores or you can make some yourself. With friends, you can have a home spa day giving yourselves facials and manicures.
- During corona, we've had our own wine and paint nights. We found the classes from Brit Co. They have tons of different kinds of classes and you'll have access to all of them for $10 a month. They also have a class on making your own wedding invitations! tekoon!
- You can (and should) celebrate Valentine's Day the whole day, so why not start the day with a VD brunch. If you're celebrating with friends, you can all dress up in the theme colors of the decorations. Alternatively, you can surprise your spouse with breakfast in bed.
- There's no better time to watch romantic movies than Valentine's Day. The movie Valentine's Day is a great option, other good ones include Pretty Woman, Legally Blonde, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and Isn't it Romantic. If you're single and not into romantic movies How to Be Single should be a good option. It's been a while since I watched it though so don't blame me if it's also one of those movies where in the end finding a spouse is the solution to all problems :D. If that one doesn't work, Charlie's Angels is always a great option!
- Enjoy the winter! Now that there's tons of snow in Helsinki, take advantage of that! Go sledging, make snow angels, have a snow fight... you're never too old. After being out in the cold, it feels great to come back inside and take a hot bath, go to sauna or have a cup of hot tea.
- Have a game tournament. You can do this with either console or board games. There's always strip poker too...
- Spread Valentine's Day spirit to others. One of the best ways to make yourself feel better is by making other people happy. Call your elderly relatives, send VD cards or flowers. Especially those who've been alone a lot because of corona will surely appreciate your gesture. If your spouse is the one usually surprising you with flowers and gifts maybe this is the time to spoil them instead.
- Have a Valentine's Day dinner. Cook something you love or if you rarely order in, do that and give yourself some time off from cooking. Set the table nicely, light some candles and put on some music you like.
- Spoil yourself. You can spend your VD in great company with yourself. Spend the day doing your favorite things, watch your favorite movies, eat your favorite foods and just spoil yourself.